Blogging can be one of the most challenging tasks even for a writer who has been working professionally for decades. This is because he does have the control of many things after the blog is released. There are many mistakes that people end up making while writing blogs and posting them. The following article will give the reader an insight into the common mistakes that people make and how to fix it.
– Inconsistent posting: one of the most common mistakes made by bloggers across the globe is that they are very inconsistent with their updates. This means that they do not post on at regular intervals. It is not difficult to fix this. The blogger can try to make a publishing schedule and stick to it. Bloggers have to understand that too much or too little of anything is not good and their blog posts are no exception.
– Impatience: People who start to blog for professional reasons want to get on top of the game in no time. This leads to aggressive posting of blogs that will make it to the search engines. But just satisfying the mechanisms will not do the trick. Bloggers need to understand that it is a time consuming process and will yield results only after the process is completed. Once this is understood, they are good to go.
– Quantity over quality: This is common. Bloggers want to post blogs like rain showers during monsoons. The number of blogs are not determinants of how great a writer one is or how credible the company is. The solution to this is also simple, and similar to the first problem- the making and following of a strict blogging schedule.
– Not writing for the audience: As a blogger, a person definitely has the right to write a few blogs about himself and his experiences. But not all. In fact, it has to be made sure that the no three continuous blogs are about the blogger and writer-centric. If the blogger has made the mistake already, then he has to make sure that he is not writing about himself for a long time after that.
– Bad writing: With the commercialisation of blogs, it is important to keep to the basics. Bad writing is unacceptable. Having said that, it is also true that it is a subjective business. But what a blogger needs to keep in mind is the grammar and the other basic rules of writing. Also the research has to be done right. It is okay to post a blog every fortnight, but it has to be perfect. Bloggers should take time to edit and also make it a point to proof read their blogs at least thrice for all sorts of errors.
If one is making any of these mistakes, it is important that they pay attention to them and fix them as soon as possible so that they do not have to be faced with criticism later. It will also contribute to the success of the blog.